Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mama's Mexican Cornbread

I am joining in Tuesday's Tempt Your Tummy over at http://www.blessedwithgrace.blogspot.com/ They have some really great recipes entered each week. Today they are featuring Halloween Party Dip ideas. This recipe really is not a dip, but our Halloween party is having chili dogs and hot dogs before the hayride and this always goes great with chili on a cold night. My mom always made it for us to warm us up.



Mama's Mexican Cornbread


1 cup cornmeal
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp soda
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 cup milk
1 large onion
4 pods jalapenos
1 (8 0z) can sweet corn
1/2 lb grated sharp cheddar cheese


Mix dry ingredients and add milk; beat well. Add oil and eggs, agoin beating well; add remaining ingredients and bake in a shallow pan until firm.


I am not a great cook, but I do pretty good on a few things. I have always been on call or working, so cooking is not my specialty. I can save your life, but you will need to do the cooking. Ya'll have a great day. Hug your loved ones. Smile and LAUGH!!!! Pray for our soldiers and their families. Pray that the leaders of this country will make good sound decisions for the betterment of all. Be safe, healthy, happy. God bless ya'll!!!

1 comment: