Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Tree


What a wonderful time of year. I believe this must be my favorite. Happiness abounds and the lights and colors just make me smile. We have a parade every year in our little town and that is my tree putting up weekend. This year though my family talked me into putting it up Thanksgiving weekend. So we have been in the spirit since then. Thanksgiving was wonderful. All the family present, healthy, and happy. We ate at my dad's due to him having a broken foot and it was easier for him if we came there. My daughter and I cooked all day Wednesday and Thursday, then we transported to his house. Great time, but dummy mom forgot to take any pics!! Oldest son brought his girlfriend---never before has he ever brought anyone to family get togethers--maybe this one is for real!! Hope so. She is a really sweet girl. Did you see my sweet Christmas Cat? Every year as we put up the tree our kitty helps and then he claims his spot. Same spot every year. It is so funny!! I have to be careful what ornaments I put around his area and tie them down better than the others. We have to use fishing line to secure the tree to the window so it will not fall as he climbs. It is really funny to watch him get "nested" in his spot!!
If you have not seen "The Blind Side" with Sandra Bullock, please go see it. It is such a heartwarming film and it is all true. Being from the south and Ole Miss everywhere, I know the story. It will do your heart good to realize that there are caring, loving people still in this world who will go above and beyond to help others. At the end of the movie are the real pics of the Tueys and Michael throughout the years. Stay and watch it all. Great story!!! Please, please go see it!!!!!!
Ok, we all know that I am an encourager. I always think positive and try to instill these values in my children. While reading devotionals the other day, I found this verse. I do not think I have ever read it aloud before, but I do now on a regular basis. It is Romans 15:4-6. Enjoy!
"For whatever was written before was written for our instruction, so that through our endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we may have hope. Now may the God of endurance and encouragement grant you agreement with one another, according to Christ Jesus, so that you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ with a united mind and voice."
Be an encourager. As I said above this is a wonderful time of year, but for some it is a desperate time of year. Where I see happiness others see despair. Where I smile, others ache. Remember the reason for this season, and help others. Give to those that are in need. Sometimes a smile and a hug will change someones day. Take one gift idea away from your lists for everyone in your household and give the money you would have spent to a charity. Remember if God had not given us His wonderful Son, we would not be able to have the things we do! Have a great day! Pray for our soldiers and their families! Pray for world peace! Smile! Be healthy, happy, safe!! God bless ya'll!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wait a second, is that your cat IN your tree? Now that is just too cute!

    Beautiful choice of scripture. Perfect for this season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just too funny...a cat with a reserved spot on your Christmas tree. He probably thinks you put it up just for him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tree and a beautiful scripture! I love this time of year

    ReplyDelete