Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Finished Projects/Hubby-36 years ago





I had a great Labor Day weekend and I hope ya'll did the same. My hubby had his 36 year class reunion, 1974. They joined together with the class of 1975 for the reunion. I was in the class of 75, but in a different school here. I really think I had more fun than he did. I met up with some people I went to grammar school with that I had not seen in probably 25 years. It was great!! That handsome young man in the pic above is hubby. Wasn't he cute? The other pics are projects I finished this weekend. The blanket is for Angel baby, and so is the hair bow. The blanket has been laying in my sewing room for months waiting on me to make the ruffle and put the back on it. I love the colors of it, makes you feel happy. The front and ruffle are out of cotton, and the back is a minky fabric. I just saw the other day where they have the minky fabric in all kinds of dots, swirls, flowers, just about anything you want these days. The original backing was a red swirl minky, but when I saw these dots I had to have them for the back. The hairbow is adapted from a tutorial I saw while blog hopping, and I am very sorry to say I cannot find the tutorial to give this person credit. I cut the ribbon to the desired size, v shaped the edges, then crimped the middle to give it some depth. I sewed the middle pinch with a thread and tied it off. I then hot glued all the pieces together to make the pattern I wanted and then covered the knot in the center with a button. Glued a hair clip on the back and Wha la!!!! Ya'll have a great week. I got to get to work. Be safe, happy, healthy. Hug those you love. SMILE, it will make your heart feel good, and most of all may God bless ya'll with many blessings!!

1 comment: