Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Hats







Thanks for all the prayers and concerns involving the little "critter" kidney stone. He decided he did not like his location anymore last Monday and things have been good since. They have not decided why after 14 years they decided to start forming again, especially in multiples, but we are doing tests to check and see if they can determine the cause. My MD I work for and myself have determined that it is probably going to be my blood pressure medicine I started in November. This is not good folks because stopping the BP meds is not an option. When I had them years ago, I kept shots in my makeup bag for the pain. I would give them to myself until I could get to the hospital for real strong meds. This was begun after I had an attack at a college football game with the kids--they were 8 and 9, and all the men in my life were at deer camp without phone service. Hard headed as I am, I left the game, loaded up the kids, and drove home to my hospital with my doctors. This was about 2 hours away. Quite an experience!!!! I have done it once and I can do it again, but I really hate to know that these "critters" are back. I call them "critters" for lack of a better word.


Anyway on to better things. I have made use of my down time by crocheting. I made these hats and several more over the last 3 weeks. My daughter has lots of pregnant friends and Angel Baby loves a hat, so I downloaded several patterns, tweaked them to my liking and here are the results. The pics are not true colors. My bag looks like a sherbet parfait. All the colors are so sweet and soft. I have really expanded my crocheting skills. The only things done previously were scarves and afghans in straight lines. I was always scared of circles, but it is all the same.


It is time to head out to work, so ya'll be safe, happy, healthy. Hug those you love. Smile and laugh! Pray for our soldiers and their families. Pray for peace and GOD bless ya'll!!!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely hats.

    I hope you get to the bottom of the cause of your "critters" soon!

    Won't you stop over to my blog and link up to Fibers on Friday...a knitting and crochet party!

    http://plumslife.blogspot.com/2011/03/fibers-on-friday-deja-vu.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your hats and they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hiya , great hats , tfs , i am visiting from someday crafts and am your newest follower maybe you will pop by mine and follow too
    www.emilysnan.blogspot.com
    xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful hats! I'm knew to knitting but hope to learn knitting in the round so I can make some cute little hats (for me!) in time for next winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! You have made many beautiful hats in your downtime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little flowers on your hats.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's your favorite pattern for baby hats, knitting and crocheting? Our knitting group that
    makes hats for the neonatal unit in both our hospitals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A new follower from "Night Owl Crafting".. .I love all your hats, wish i new how to crochet.
    Hope you will come visit my blog sometimes http://suze-vinton.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you gone? Enjoyed it while you were here.
    Good-bye.

    ReplyDelete