Friday, April 9, 2010

Smocking





This is a dress and bloomer outfit I smocked for angel baby. 100% cotton fabric with ric rac as trim. There is 6 rows of smocking. I did each row in a different color that is on the outfit. Since yellow was the primary alternate color, I did 2 rows with it. I love these angel wing sleeves for little ones in the spring and summer.


Well, it is Friday, and I do not have to go anywhere this weekend. I plan on painting and sewing. I am starting on another smocked outfit tonight. I hope ya'll have fun plans for the weekend. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous here and hot. Highs in the 70's. I hope so, we had a little cold snap this week and I was not ready for it. All my arthritic joints have really been cutting up. I believe the men in my life are going fishing, so I should be alone to create. I am sure Angel baby and her momma will come by some--I sure hope so!!! Ya'll have a blessed weekend filled with lots of fun memories and lots of laughter. Be safe, healthy happy. Hug those you love. Live life to the fullest!! God bless ya'll!!!

3 comments:

  1. This is the sweetest dress, Patsy. Love the cheerful fabric and smocking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always impressed at smocking! Cute dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dress!! I love the smocking and the yellow ric rac trim!!

    Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Sew Cute Tuesday"!!

    ReplyDelete