Saturday, August 15, 2009

Good Sandwiches!!



Good morning!! It is a beautiful day here, but already 91 degrees. Jack and Simon have gone to a scrimmage football game for the older boys on the pee wee team. I finished Doss painted camo cross ( or as camo as it is gonna be) It is like the real abstract one I have already posted, but 16 x 20. He is working on his farm this morning. Carre woke me up this morning with a frantic phone call to see if I had an extra set of keys to her car. She is taking her ACLS certification this weekend, and could not find her keys. I did and sent Simon over there with them, but by the time he got there Andrew had found them. I had a wonderful conversation this morning with 2 of my best friends. Just discussing life in general and sipping coffee. We may cook out tonight with one of our friend couples, but it depends on if I get through with all I have to do. Carre and I are giving a kitchen shower tomorrow for her friend that is getting married in September. I need to go to the grocery in a little while and start cooking for it. I make these great sandwiches and all her buddies love them, so that is some of what I am making. I will post the recipe at the end of this post.

The card above is one I made a while back. The cardstock is Bazzill, and the background paper is from K & Co. The image is "Sweetybellas" and the saying is from Studio G. The eyelets are Garden Green from Close to My Heart. I used the technique of paper piecing for most of the card and some layering. The only coloring that was done was with CTMH markers--garden green, cranberry, and flesh. The buttons are from SEI--Winnie's Wall collection. The fibers are scraps I had in my fiber drawer.

The sandwiches are po-boy sandwiches. You can use ham, turkey, roast beef or whatever you want. You need a loaf of garlic bread. I use Pepperidge Farm. Cook according to directions on the package. Then put your condiments on while bread is still warm. This will soak in the bread and make it moister. I put a pound of shredded meat on each sandwich. After I finish putting the sandwich together, I slice it into small sandwiches, about 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Place the small sandwiches back like a loaf and wrap in foil. Place in oven on 200 degrees and heat throughly. These can be made ahead of time and heated up when needed. They are really good.

Gotta get off this computer and get started on my days activity. Take care. Be healthy, happy, safe and smile!! Hug those you love, and God bless ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment