Sunday, August 30, 2009

New Week

Today starts a new week for me, and I hope it will be a little calmer than last week. Tomorrow should be very similar to last Monday. We have a good many cases for the OR and I am sure I will be there until 6-7. The rest of the week should be a lot lighter though. We had a surprise birthday party for my aunt last night. She will be 75 on Tuesday. It is really hard to pull these things off with my family because there are so many people involved, somebody usually slips up and says something, but it worked good this time. She was so surprised and we even got her 95 year old mother there. Lots of good family time together, there is nothing better. I was so tired this morning and it was raining and I slept in. I got up and my sunday school teacher had put a devotional on her facebook site, so I went over this and then went to play farmtown (yes, I am a farmtown addict) and low and behold she was on farmtown also. Her mother has been very sick this week and in an out of town hospital so she was worn out also. We had a great time discussing God and His love. I think He will forgive us for worshipping in our pj's today. I would like to ask all my blog buddies to pray for this family. They go back to the doctor tomorrow to get the test results and decide if they are going to have the surgery. If she is able to have the surgery, I ask ya'll to pray for our Heavenly Father to wrap His loving arms around her and her family and carry them through this with good results. We had a sad note today. I have lived in this neighborhood all my life. My children live here and my father lives here (my mom passed away 21 years ago). Most of the people living here are older and have been neighbors for many years. We lost one of those this morning. My dad called me about 9 and told me. This man had been a victim of Alzheimers for the past 2-3 years. He had been in a nursing home for about 6 months since he fell and broke his hip. His wife is one of the sweetest people I have ever known. Please pray for this family also. It is a blessing that he has gone to Heaven, but his family will need love and support.


The bag tag above is one I did for a friend as a RAK (Random Act of Kindness). She was an on line friend and really loved my art and crafts. She commented a lot about my stuff, so I sent this one day. It is made out of cardstock and designer paper. The ribbons are from my stash. The eyelets are from Close to My Heart and the baubles are from Stampin Bella. I paper pieced the clothes on the stamped image, and colored in the other areas with CTMH markers. I hope to have pics of some of the new stuff I am doing for the baby. I have made some bibs and burp clothes and I am smocking a few outfilts. Hopefully they will be finished soon and I can post a pic.


Time for me to close my rambling for today. I hope ya'll have a great week with many memories and blessings. Be safe, happy, healthy. Hug those you love. Remember to smile and laugh, and God bless ya'll!!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful that you turn to your blog friends to ask for prayer. The people who know you are truly blessed to have a considerate person in their lives. It's also very sweet that you made a gift for one of your online friends. I've thought about doing that too, especially for one particular friend that I met through my blog. She is just so sweet, and she always has wonderful things to say about what's going on in my life. Maybe you will inspire me to act on that impulse to commit a random act of kindness! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very creative Patsy...I love what you do wirh ribbons on your cards!

    ReplyDelete